Monday, June 15, 2015

A Super Big Decision with A Super Big Courage

Assalammualaikum,

Hi everyone! I want post what I did 6 months backwards. First of all, in December 2014 I got the acceptance letter and offering letter from Malaysia Airlines Sdn Bhd, what a surprised news, right?
I joined the recruitment of Malaysia Airlines around June 2014 last year exactly. Actually, this recruitment is being held by the agent in Indonesia. The process are :
1. CV Submit
CV Submit, I send my curriculum vitae, application letter, photograph, copy passport and copy of education certificate and another supporting documents if you have any. 

2. Pre - Interview
The selected, will be called by the agent to have an interview. I thought it just a chit chat together with the agent, and no one failed. The interviewer from agent is just only asking about our daily activity and what is the reason you want to be a flight attendant, then he mentioned about the benefits and basic salary in Malaysia Airlines for expatriate. Unfortunately, one of my friends didn't pass this stage.

3. Presentation about Malaysia Airlines
Candidates who passed the Pre-Interview have to come to attend the briefing and presentation about Malaysia Ailrlines from Malaysia Airlines Human Capital Division team (They come to Jakarta). I still remember, if I'm not mistaken, a Senior Flight Attendant names Mazlina, told about Malaysia Airlines and her experiences to go to many countries with Malaysia Airlines. She told us that we must prepare and how to do while we are the selected candidates who must pass the final interview. We have to wear the Kebaya or Business Attire with bright color.

4. Background Check
The day, that the Malaysia Airlines team come and interviewed us. I came to the interview with a business attire with pink color and a bit flowery. They call our name one by one to get inside to the small room. There is a woman who check all the original documents of the candidates. Fyi, Malaysia Airlines accept female with D3 (diploma holder) background study, but I don't know some of the candidates didn't pass this stage. I am not sure maybe they give their Senior High School Certificate.

5. Preliminary
If candidates pass the background check, they will get inside to another room. There is a woman with a curly hair and sweet smile get closer to me. She checked all my skin both of my body and my face. If there is a scars or pimples, you won't pass this stage. I don't know, I thought I have a few spot in my face because the pimples, but I pass this stage. Yeah!

6. Final Interview
There! If the candidates passed the preliminary, they will go to another room. They separate the candidates into groups. One group consist of 3-5 people. (Sorry , I forget the amount). We come to a small room, there is one interviewer. She asked us one by one, personally. I mean, we must introduce ourself first to her and she will ask anything that she want to ask. I remember the questions are :
a. Tell me about yourself
b. Why do you want to be a Cabin Crew
c. What is your activity now? How's your job?
d. Do you think cabin crew must have a higher education background? why?
e. Which one do you prefer beauty or brain?
f. What do you want to be 5 years a head? why?

Carefully, the questions are really random. One of my friends were asked "What is your favorite color and why?", so, wanna be, if you want to know the secret or tips, just make sure that your answer is related to the cabin crew requirements.

So, that's my experience interviewed by Malaysia Airlines. After waiting the result, I got the email that I successfully pass the final interview. Me with 16 candidates were waiting the email to continue to do the medical examination / medical check up. 

Sadly, really sad, we heard about the news that Malaysia Airlines got another accident after MH370, MH17 was shot and falling from sky. Big condolences to this tragedy for sure. I didn't get any email again after this tragedy while me and my friends are still waiting the result of medical check up. I got another job as a Secretary in a multinational company which engages in the field of carbon black, raw materials. That company owned by America. I enjoy work in there. I am happier than I work in a bank, I really love the environment, even I know there is no career path there.


The first email above about result of our medical examination

The offering letter and the T & C

Suddenly, in the end of December 2014, I got an email, that was a result of my medical check up. I passed it.What a shock plus surprised news. But, my plans are become mess up. I plan to get married and so on. But, deep in my heart I really want to be a flight attendant, basic reason, it because the money and salary that I get. But, I just want to join the international airlines. I just want to increase the financial and economical of my family. As a breadwinner (Tulang Punggung) in my family. It really make me stress, people never know what I am actually feel and happen to me. I smash my head sometimes when I really being pressed with the situation of my family (oh my god, even write this sentences, my heart feel so hurt and my eyes are teary) . It is not easy, man, for sure it is not easy. In other hand, I don't want to be a flight attendant because I want to get a Master Degree and be a Lecturer. Why? Simple question, because I'll be a mom for my son or daughter, I'll be a wife for my husband, I'll be a 'home' for my little family. I don't want choose a job with a high risk and high mobility. But how can I get my master degree? The cost is really too high, how can I continue my study while I am a breadwinner, I know the best way is scholarship. But so many things that I think, how's the preparation, how's my family live, and another small and big things that I can't mention. So, yes, I'll take it. I am happily signed the contract and prepare my departure.



But, how ridiculous! The HR team email all the candidates that the recruitment are being hold until do not know when. He just said until the New Co. are finalized. But, they no idea when. Sounds funny right? But, I sincere let this run and goes naturally, no offense to them. I know, this time is the hardest to Malaysia Airlines. I try to join another recruitment, like Citilink Indonesia and Air Atlanta Icelandic.

So, what's going on this matter, I'll let you know in another post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment